moving on

after the Hebrides cycle  trip which truly lived up to our expectations we all returned to our daily life`s refreshed and happy to start planning our next adventures, Bob headed off to Europe in his motor-home with Joyce and his boys for three months up through Norway and kept an excellent blog of the journey /https://bobjoycallog.blogspot.com/
            Ali went back to work but started to dream of retirement when he could get more time to get out and play on his bike, he ditched his cheap panniers and purchased a new set with promises he would be doing another cycle trip, Gary and myself still go out together cycling occasionally but with nothing to plan, the rest of the group have slipped back on cycling days out, maybe once Ali does retire he can give me some more help with my web page/http://www.kennyalexander.scot/

          Guy brought round to my house some of his footage and filming he had taken of the final part of our cycling, I pieced  this together with what go pro footage I had taken and made into a short film which I have uploaded it to my you tube channel  https://youtu.be/LlHCgmRjXo0
            Having previously decided whilst cycling the Irish end to end that I did not require a new bike That I would just make do with the six bikes I presently have, I have (since the end of the HEB way cycle trip) been looking at bikes, because I now have a thirst for more cycling adventures, I am presently planning many different cycle trips more on that when it happens, I now have at the time of writing this went on to buy a bespoke bike from a company in Livingston called shand cycles, they have three types of bike I was interested in one called a stooshie one called daunder the other a stoater all great scottish words, I can get any one of these built with a rhollof hub dynamo and carbon drive, carbon front forks are standard with these models and I can choose handlebars and seats etc, which I have now done I have paid a £250 deposit and decided on a Daunder with a front dynamo and USB drive to go along with all the other good stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed my tour of their workshop and the chat with the sales person, its a great set up they have I opted for the jones handle bars as in what's in this picture of a tam even though they were an extra £150

     
  This page I am writing is also mostly just being done to round of the HEB way and try out some new blogging equipment and editing techniques, plus a place to put the web links to see how they go online! and if any of the boys will even read this lol.I will be starting a new blog page on the cape wrath ultra, https://kenjorunninghills.blogspot.com/2019/07/one-day-i-will-do-big-run.html?_sm_au_=iVVMtR4MTPwk0ZfN  I will be doing thison the last week of may 2020 and have started training for that, I shall be keeping a training log and blog about it, I am also planning on taking a cycle to Germany in august but that will be going in a different blog page, as one adventure ends a new one should begin !
           Don kenjo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure ideas can spring from nowhere

Meet the brewers and Beinn Udlamain

HEB 2 the cycling begins